Caldwell School District, Idaho
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Idaho school district websites
This website was most recently evaluated on 10 Oct 2012
- Tax information is posted
- Budget is posted online and archived for three years.
- Elected Officials
- Board members are listed with names and email addresses
- Administrative Officials
- District administrators are listed with names and email addresses. General physical address and phone number are listed.
- Audits are available and archived for three years
- Public Records
- Background Checks
- The district's policy that all employees successfully complete a background check is found on the district's website.
- Elected Officials
- Physical addresses and phone numbers are not available for elected officials
- No information on bids and RFPs, teacher contacts, or contracts over $10,000 is posted online.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Idaho statute.
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Current School Board Members include:
|Amy Rojas||Zone 1||Chairperson|
|LeAnn Simmons||Zone 2||Vice-Chairperson|
|Dr. Richard Roberge||Zone 3||Member|
|Jackie Hopper||Zone 4||Member|
|Leif Skyving||Zone 5||Member|
The Idaho Public School System is supervised by the State Board of Education (SBOE), which is the policy-making body for public education in the state. The SBOE provides oversight and governance for K – 20 education levels.
Current Board of Education members include:
|Richard Westerberg, President||Preston||March 1, 2014|
|Kenneth Edmunds, Vice President||Twin Falls||March 1, 2013|
|Don Soltman, Secretary||Twin Lakes||March 1, 2014|
|Emma Atchley||Ashton||March 1, 2010|
|Paul Agidius||Moscow||March 1, 2011|
|Rod Lewis||Boise||March 1, 2010|
|Tom Luna, Superintendent of Public Instruction||Boise|
|Milford Terrell||Boise||March 1, 2012|
- Main article: Idaho academic performance
Idaho’s educational assessment system is administered from kindergarten through high school and focuses primarily on math, reading, and language use skills. Tests include the Idaho Reading Indicator (IRI), the Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), the Idaho English Language Assessment (IELA), and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), as well as the SAT and ACT.
Idaho’s accountability system monitors state and federal goals for increased student achievement; the system includes consequences and rewards for districts and school based on yearly results. Per federal and state law, every school and district must meet annual academic performance goals in reading and math, referred to as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). High schools are required to meeting graduation goals and middle and elementary are required to meet a third academic indicator goal. Schools and districts that do not make AYP are identified as in improvement.
According to the Idaho Department of Education, the Caldwell School District did not meet the AYP goal in the 2008-2009 school year and is currently in its fifth "school improvement" year. AYP is used by the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) program to determine the academic performance of schools.
|Year||Reading (% proficient)||Math (% proficient)||Language (% proficient)||Graduation rate (%)|
- Caldwell School District Website
- Great Schools - Caldwell School District
- Public School Review - Caldwell School District
- Idaho State Department of Education official website
- Caldwell Public Schools, ID -- 2012 Levy information[ http://www.caldwellschools.org/Levy2012/ (PDF)]
- Caldwell School District, ID -- Business Office
- Caldwell schools, ID -- Board of Education
- [http://www.caldwellschools.org/District/Board/Minutes/index.php Caldwell Schools, ID -- Meetings
- Caldwell Schools, ID -- Minutes Archive
- Caldwell Schools, ID -- Agendas
- Caldwell Schools, ID -- Agenda Archives
- Caldwell Schools, ID -- Board
- Caldwell Schools, ID -- Business Office
- Policy 309
- Policy 402
- Idaho Statutes,"Title 33, Chapter 5," retrieved April 1, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, Board Members, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Statistics – Test Reports, August 9, 2010
- Idaho Department of Education,"Caldwell District Report Card," retrieved May 19, 2010
- 'Idaho Education Association', August 9, 2010
- 'National Education Association', August 9, 2010