|Former candidate for|
|Ohio State Senate, District 27|
|Bachelor's||Liberty University (1984)|
|Master's||Liberty Theology Seminary (1987)|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1987-1991|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Davenport earned his B.S. from Liberty University in 1984 and his M.S. in Theology from Liberty Theology Seminary in 1987. His professional experience includes owning Legacy Retirement Advisors, Inc. He served in the United States Air Force from 1987 to 1991.
Davenport's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Free Up the Marketplace by Reducing Government Intrusion
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner himself, Davenport understands how the increasing tax burden is tightening a noose on the economy. That's why he will fight for freedom in the marketplace so that prosperity can thrive."
Uphold the Integrity of Ohio's First Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "Davenport pledges to defend Ohioan’s civil liberties and free exercise of religion."
Protect the Lives of Unborn Children
- Excerpt: "Caleb has pledged unwavering support for the Ohio Heartbeat Bill, a legislation that gives unborn children the right to life as soon as a heartbeat is detected in the womb."
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Ohio State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. George Rusiska was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Frank LaRose defeated Caleb Davenport in the Republican primary. LaRose defeated Rusiska in the general election.
|Ohio State Senate, District 27 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Frank LaRose Incumbent||67.7%||64,259|
|Ohio State Senate, District 27 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Frank LaRose Incumbent||61.8%||10,778|
In 2014, Davenport's endorsements included the following:
- Family First PAC
- Citizens for Community Values Action PAC
- Ohio ProLife Action
- Coalition Opposed to Additional Spending and Taxes (COAST) Candidates PAC
- Gun Owners of Ohio
- Ohio Right to Life PAC
- Ohio Citizens PAC
- Ohioans for Educational Freedom
Davenport and his wife, Susan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Caleb + Davenport + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio State Senate
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
- Ohio State Senate District 27
- davenportforohiosenate.com, "About," accessed April 11, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- davenportforohiosenate.com, "Issues," accessed April 11, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- davenportforohiosenate.com, "Endorsements," accessed April 11, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)