California 1993 ballot propositions
- 1 was a ballot initiative that got on the ballot through the process of collecting signatures on petitions. It failed.
- 6 were referred to the ballot by the California State Legislature. 4 of these failed, while 2 were approved.
On the ballot
|Proposition 168||Elections||Eliminate requirement that low-rent housing project be approved by a vote of the people where project is to be located.||
|Proposition 169||State budget||Authorize annual budget implementation bill to over more than a single subject.||
|Proposition 170||Taxes||Allow school bond measures to be approved by a simple majority vote||
|Proposition 171||Taxes||Allows property owners to transfer assessed value of original property to a replacement property|
|Proposition 172||Taxes||Add a 1/2% state sales tax targeted for local public safety|
|LBM||Proposition 173||Bonds||$185 million in bonds for first-time homebuyers||
|Proposition 174||Education||School vouchers||
- Official voter pamphlet for the 1993 special election in California
- Hastings California I&R database
- Los Angeles Law Library, 1993 ballot propositions