California 1994 ballot propositions
- 6 were ballot initiatives that got on the ballot through the process of collecting signatures on petitions.
- Four were defeated.
- Two were approved.
- Six were defeated.
- Seven were approved.
On the ballot
|LBM||Proposition 1A||Bonds||$2 billion for earthquake relief and seismic retrofitting|
|LBM||Proposition 1B||Bonds||$1 billion for public schools|
|LBM||Proposition 1C||Bonds||$900 million for public colleges and universities in California|
|Proposition 175||Taxes||Tax credit to qualified renters against their net income tax|
|Proposition 176||Taxes||Non-profits exempt from local sales tax|
|Proposition 177||Taxes||Property tax exemption for improvements for disabled access|
|Proposition 178||Taxes||Property tax exemption for water conservation equipment|
|LRSS||Proposition 179||Law enforcement||Penalties for killing people while shooting from vehicles|
|CISS||Proposition 180||Bonds||$2 billion bond for parks, recreation|
|LBM||Proposition 181||Bonds||$1 billion bond for various rail expenditures|
|Proposition 182||Re-submission of Proposition 173||(Removed)|
|Proposition 183||Recall||Recall elections held within 180 days of signature certification|
|CISS||Proposition 184||Judiciary||"Three Strikes Law"; life in prison for three serious crimes|
|CISS||Proposition 185||Taxes||4% tax on retail sales of gasoline|
|Proposition 186||Taxes||Establish "single payer" health care system|
|CISS||Proposition 187||Immigration||Illegal aliens ineligible for public social services|
|CISS||Proposition 188||Tobacco||Ban on public smoking|
|Proposition 189||Judiciary||Permit courts to deny bail for wider range of sexual offenses|
|Proposition 190||Judiciary||Change in how California judges are disciplined|
|Proposition 191||Judiciary||Transform justice courts to municipal courts|
- Hastings California I&R database
- Statement of vote, California June 7, 1994 statewide elections
- Statement of vote, California November 8, 1994 statewide elections
- Los Angeles Law Library, 1994 ballot propositions
- June 7, 1994 Voter Guide
- June 7, 1994 supplemental voter guide
- November 8, 1994 Voter Guide
- November 8, 1994 supplemental ballot proposition voter guide