The California Action for Healthy Kids
is a chapter Action for Healthy Kids organization which is a non-profit fighting child obesity and undernourishment. The California Action for Healthy Kids is dedicated to increasing the health and educational performance of children by using nutrition and physical activity in California schools. They work with other organizations and programs as well as use field-tested strategies to reach organizational goals.
- "Enhance communication with California team members through a quarterly newsletter and participation in California Action for Healthy Kids subcommittees."
- "Engage parents as advocates for healthy schools to increase physical activity in school and after school.
- Establish a structured partnership between California Action for Healthy Kids and California State PTA to support student wellness and parent advocacy."
- "Participate in the 2011 California PTA Conference and Childhood Obesity Conference."
- "Support the Students Taking Charge project in Los Angeles Unified School District to increase youth participation in school wellness. To learn more, visit: https://web.archive.org/web/2/http://www.StudentsTakingCharge.org."
- "Share resources to create health-promoting schools and support school wellness policies, including the monitoring and evaluation of wellness policies."
- "Promote school breakfast programs to enhance student wellness."
The California Action for Healthy Kids is governed by their executive committee.