California Church IMPACT
|California Church IMPACT|
|Website:||California Council of Churches (CCC)|
"The mission of California Church IMPACT is to be a prophetic witness to the Gospel by advocating in the public policy arena for justice, equity and fairness in the treatment of all people, in particular those most vulnerable in our society."
- "Publishing the electronic ACTION ALERT and ballot proposition recommendations for each statewide general election based on the faith-based Legislative."
- "Strive to be the voice of our member denominations and judicatories in the state Capitol, representing the authentic Christian moral values of compassion, tolerance, peace and justice in the California legislative process."
- "Work with member churches to plan events and legislative visits, and provide training for your justice-based priorities both in Sacramento and in legislative districts."
- "Produce highly acclaimed faith-based ballot guides on the statewide Initiatives for each election, which help people of faith discuss the issues from a biblical perspective."
- Act as an "urgent action response network."
- Act as an "important and critical liaison to over 400 secular advocacy groups that advocate for specific issues related to human needs."
- "Provide an ecumenical and interfaith advocacy connection to other religious communities."
- "Director of Public Policy, Elizabeth Sholes, and Executive Director, Rick Schlosser speak to judicatory gatherings and committees, conduct advocacy training events in churches, and provide training and resources on a variety of social justice issues important to a faithful witness to the Gospel."
- "Provide monthly articles and resources on important social justice issues for possible inclusion in denominational, judicatory, and local congregation print and electronic publications."