For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
California Reimbursement of Legislator' Expenses (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Initiative 1244. (07-0009), or the Reimbursement of Legislator's Expenses Initiative was an initiated constitutional amendment that would
"Prohibit payment of per diem or any other compensation to Legislators for living expenses incurred in the performance of their legislative duties. Restricts reimbursement for travel expenses when the Legislature is in recess for more than three days to expenses incurred while traveling to and from certain meetings, conferences or other legislative functions held at least 20 miles from the legislator’s residence. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: Reduced legislative living expenses of about $4.5 million annually."
William S. Morris
- Full Text of the Initiative
- 2008 Initiative Update (dead link), initiative summaries and status from the Secretary of State
- California 2008 Ballot Measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in California
- Campaign finance requirements for California ballot measures
- Petition drive deadlines in 2008
- California signature requirements