California Term Limits for County Officials Initiative (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Text of measure
- "Establishes four-year terms of office for county assessors, district attorneys, and sheriffs. For charter counties, bars these officers from serving more than three consecutive terms. For general law counties, limits these officers to three terms total."
Fiscal impact statement:
- "No direct fiscal effect on state or local governments."
Path to the ballot
- Brilliant Manyere submitted a letter requesting a title and summary on November 13, 2013.
- A title and summary were issued by the Attorney General of California's office on January 6, 2014.
- 807,615 valid signatures were required for qualification purposes.
- Supporters had until June 5, 2014 to collect the required signatures. Filing sufficient signatures by that date would not have allowed the initiative to compete on the November 4, 2014 ballot.
- The Secretary of State’s suggested signature filing deadline for the November 4, 2014 ballot was April 18, 2014.