Calvin A. Frelier
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 135|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Penfield High School|
|Bachelor's||Calvin College, The University of Michigan|
|Master's||The University of Rochester|
Frelier graduated from Penfield High School in 1978. He earned a bachelor's degree from Calvin College and a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan College of Engineering. Frelier also has a master's degree from the University of Rochester, William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration.
Frelier's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
If elected, these are the key areas I will plan on focusing on:
- Excerpt: "Reduced barriers to entry to enable more primary activity as a means to improving and revitalizing our democratic system in New York."
- Excerpt: "An Electronic Bill of Rights Law to specify what reasonable means in light of the Fourth Amendment in New York as pertains to electronic communications such as email."
- Excerpt: "Taking a different approach to revisiting the “Safe Act” with the intent of restoring rights in view of the second amendment and supporting data, which it takes away."
- Excerpt: "Focus and report back on the operation of the New York Assembly, As part of my training I received an M.B.A. from the University of Rochester, I believe that additional piece of training can be put to good use."
- Excerpt: "Given my background as an engineer and inventor, generating innovative ideas for improvement within our governance system."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Mark Johns defeated Calvin A. Frelier in the Republican primary. Johns also ran on the Working Families Party, Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Johns was unchallenged in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 135 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mark Johns Incumbent||85.9%||1,829|
|Calvin A. Frelier||14.1%||299|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Calvin + Frelier + New + York"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 135
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on August 15, 2014
- Frelier for Assembly, "Goals," accessed August 22, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |