|U.S. House, Florida, District 18|
|Bachelor's||University of Miami|
- University of Miami, Chemistry
Florida's 18th Congressional District was a battleground district in 2014 due to the fact that the race had a very low margin of victory in the last election. Incumbent Patrick Murphy faced no challenger in the Democratic primary. In the Republican primary, Carl Domino triumphed over Calvin Turnquest, Alan Schlesinger, Beverly Joy Hires, Nick Robert Wukoson and Brian Lara. Murphy then defeated Domino in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Florida District 18 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Florida Division of Elections|
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Turnquest's reports.
|Calvin Turnquest (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0.00||$10,500||$(374)||$10,125|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$10,125||$21,250||$(26,734)||$4,641|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Calvin + Turnquest + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 18th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 18th Congressional District
- Palm Beach Post, "Calvin Turnquest enters GOP primary for Murphy congressional seat," accessed October 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "Primary Results 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Vote for Calvin Turnquest Facebook Page, "Info," accessed April 16, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |