Candidates have until January 25 to file in Kentucky
By Greg Janetka
FRANKFORT, Kentucky: The deadline for candidates to file to run in the 2011 elections in Kentucky is on Tuesday, January 25 at 4 pm local time. The fast approaching deadline is the first in the nation, with the next being New Jersey, where candidates have until April 10 to file.
The Kentucky primary will take place on May 17, with the general election on November 8. Elections are scheduled for state officers, including Governor/Lt. Gov, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Auditor, Treasurer, and Agriculture Commissioner. Candidates must pay a $500 fee to the Kentucky Secretary of State to run for each of these offices.
- Steve Beshear, incumbent, running with Jerry E. Abramson, the Mayor of Louisville
- Otis Hensley, Jr., a contractor for the state highway department, running with Richard Robbins, his co-candidate in prior races.
- Businessman Phil Moffett, running with State Representative Mike Harmon.
- State Senator David Williams, running with Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer.
Attorney Gatewood Galbraith, running with Dea Riley, a marketing professional.
- Jack Conway, incumbent
- Todd P’Pool, Hopkins County Attorney
Secretary of State
- Elaine Walker, incumbent. She was appointed Secretary of State on January 7, 2011.
- Adam Edelen, former chief of staff to Gov. Steve Beshear
- John T. Kemper, residential builder/developer
Note: Incumbent Crit Luallen (D) is ineligible to run due to term limits
- Todd Hollenbach, incumbent
- Steve Hamrick
- K.C. Crosbie, member of the Lexington City Council
Commissioner of Agriculture
- Robert "Bob" Farmer
- Stewart Gritton
- David Williams
- B.D. Wilson
- James R. Comer
- Rob Rothenburger
- Kentucky gubernatorial election, 2011
- Kentucky attorney general election, 2011
- Kentucky secretary of state election, 2011
- Signature requirements and deadlines for 2011 state government elections
- State legislative elections, 2011
|Propositions •||Recall||• Law|