Carbon County is one of 29 counties in Utah.
- Main article: Evaluation of Utah county websites
- Website gives detailed contact information for all officials, including phone numbers and email addresses.
- Publishes the rates to obtain building permits and a variety of other county functions, like dog licenses.
- The budget, while posted on the statewide website, is not linked to or mentioned on the county website.
- Minutes of meetings dating back are not posted.
- The county does not disclose whether or not it pays dues to belong to government sector lobbying associations in the state.
- Information is not provided on county audits, county contracts, and local taxes .
- There is no information on how to obtain public records from the county.
Legislative reform proposed
Utah Senate Bill 18 was proposed in the Utah State Senate on February 2, 2009. The bill would have required all cities, counties, school districts and special districts in the state to post their budgets online.
- ↑ Directory
- ↑ Permits
- ↑ Utah State Auditor, Budget reports 2008
- ↑ Text of SB 18