|Florida State Senate District 20|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Baker served in the Florida State House of Representatives from 2000 to 2004. He joined the Florida State Senate in 2004 and has served in that position since.
Baker has been the owner of The A.W. Peterson Gun Shop from 1978 to the present. He has also served in the Florida Army National Guard as a First Sergeant since 1981.
Baker attended Lake Sumter Community College from 1981 to 1982.
- Agriculture Committee, Florida State Senate
- Ethics and Elections Committee, Florida State Senate
- General Government Appropriations Committee, Florida State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Florida State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Florida State Senate
In 2008, a year in which he was not up for re-election, Baker collected $203,127 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Florida Cable Telecommunications Association||$1,500|
|Florida Association of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar Association||$1,000|
|South Florida Automobile Dealers Association||$1,000|
In 2006, Baker collected $229,970 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
|Florida Association of Realtors||$1,000|
Baker and his wife, Lori Matchett, have four children.
- Official Florida State Senate website of Senator Carey Baker
- Project Vote Smart Carey Baker candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart Carey Baker biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Florida Senate, District 20
| Succeeded by|