|Carey M. Wright|
|Mississippi Superintendent of Education|
|November 1, 2013-present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||September 25, 2013|
|Appointed by||Mississippi Board of Education|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland - College Park (1972)|
|Master's||University of Maryland - College Park (1976)|
|Ph.D.||University of Maryland - College Park (1994)|
Prior to her appointment as superintendent, Wright served as President and CEO of The Wright Approach Consulting. From August 2009 through March 2013 she was Chief Academic Officer of the District Of Columbia Public Schools. From May 2003-August 2009 she was Associate Superintendent for the Office of Special Education and Student Services For Montgomery County Public Schools.
Wright has spent the majority of her career in Howard County Public Schools, where she was a teacher, principle and Director of Special Education and Student Services.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Maryland - College Park (1972)
- Master of Education, University of Maryland - College Park (1976)
- Doctor of Education, University of Maryland - College Park (1994)
Mississippi Superintendent of Education (2013 - present)
Wright has served as Mississippi Superintendent of Education since November 1, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carey + Wright + Mississippi + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi Superintendent of Education
- Governor of Mississippi
- Mississippi school districts
- Mississippi Department of Education
- Mississippi Department of Education, "About the superintendent," accessed December 16, 2013
- Mississippi Department of Education, "Resume of Carey M. Wright, Ed.D," accessed December 16, 2013
- Mississippi Department of Education, "State Board Names New State Superintendent of Education ," September 25, 2013
|Mississippi Superintendent of Education
| Succeeded by|