For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Carl P. Paladino
|Carl P. Paladino|
|Former candidate for|
|Governor of New York|
|Buffalo Board of Education|
|2013 - Present|
|High school||Bishop Timon – St. Jude High School|
|Bachelor's||St. Bonaventure University|
|J.D.||Syracuse University College of Law|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1971 - 1981|
He considered a run for governor in 2014 but did not file by the deadline.
Carl P. Paladino is a native of Buffalo, New York, where he still resides. He is a first-generation American; both of his parents emigrated from Italy.
After completing law school in 1971, Paladino spent a decade in the U.S. Army; three years on active duty and another seven in the reserves. hen he left the Army in 1981, he held the rank of Captain.
In 1973, he founded Ellicott Development Company. Paladino has spent much of his career building his real estate development company; the endeavor has made him a multimillionaire and he pledged to spend up to $10 million of his personal fortune on his quest for the New York governorship.
He is also the senior managing partner with Paladino, Cavan and Quinlivin, a law firm specializing in real estate law.
Paladino initially joined the Democratic party when he registered to vote in 1974. In 2005, he switched his affiliation to the GOP.
Carl has been married to Mary Catherine Hannon since 1970. Together, they had four children; two sons and two daughters. In 2009, their son Patrick died in an auto accident.
In the course of his gubernatorial campaign, it was revealed that Paladino also has a young daughter from an affair he conducted for several years.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1971
- St. Bonaventure University, B.A. 1968
- Bishop Timon – St. Jude High School
- See also: New York gubernatorial election, 2014
Paladino considered a run for election as Governor of New York in 2014 on the Conservative Party line, saying, “If the Republicans don’t get rid of Skelos and Kolb, I would seriously consider taking a Conservative nod in order to put the Conservative Party on Line 2."
In that race, Paladino campaigned for the removal of incumbent board members and the dismissal of the district's top administrators, including Superintendent Pamela Brown. After joining the board, Paladino continued to call for Superintendent Brown's resignation or firing, stating that she is "obviously incapable." He also filed two unsuccessful petitions with the New York State Education Department and Commissioner of Education John King arguing that Board President Barbara Seals Nevergold's failure to run for re-election in the May 2013 election violated board policies and state law.
|Buffalo Public Schools, Park Subdistrict General Election, 3-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Carl P. Paladino||79.3%||2,704|
|Source: Erie County, NY - Board of Elections, "Election Results Archive," accessed March 26, 2014|
|New York Governor/Lt. Governor, 2010|
|Democratic||Andrew Cuomo/Robert Duffy||61%||2,910,876|
|Republican||Carl Paladino/Gregory Edwards||32.5%||1,547,857|
|Green||Howie Hawkins/Gloria Mattera||1.3%||59,906|
|Rent is 2 Damn High||Jimmy McMillan/No candidate||0.9%||41,129|
|Libertarian||Warren Redlich/Alden Link||1%||48,359|
|Anti-Prohibition||Kristin Davis/Tanya Gendelman||0.4%||20,421|
|Freedom||Charles Barron/Eva Doyle||0.5%||24,571|
|Election Results via New York State Board of Elections|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carl + Paladino + New + York + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of New York
- New York gubernatorial election, 2010
- New York gubernatorial election, 2014
- Buffalo Public Schools, New York
- Carl P. Paladino for Governor campaign website
- Buffalo school board office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Carl P. Paladino on Facebook
- Carl P. Paladino on Twitter
- Erie County, NY - Board of Elections, "Election Results Archive," accessed April 21, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," July 10, 2014
- Huffington Post, "Carl Paladino Says He May Run For New York Governor As Conservative Party Candidate," August 26, 2013
- Mike Desmond, WBFO 88.7: NPR News & More, "Paladino to launch major push to remove school board incumbents," January 24, 2013
- Mike Desmond, WBFO 88.7: NPR News & More, "Paladino wins, vows to shake up school district," May 8, 2013
- Mike Desmond, WBFO 88.7: NPR News & More, "Seeking changes, Paladino takes school board seat," July 10, 2013
- Sandra Tan, The Buffalo News, "State denies Paladino’s bid to unseat board president," April 5, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Governor/Lt. Governor Election Returns November 2, 2010," accessed December 22, 2010