|Oregon House of Representatives, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Oregon House of Representatives|
|Years of service||1971-1973|
|Profession||General manager of KAJO/KLDR Radio|
Carl served as State Representative for Grants Pass and Josephine County from 1998 to 2003.
Wilson's professional experience includes mangaging and owning the family-run broadcast radio stations and working as a broadcaster and talk show host for four decades. He served in the United States Navy as a radioman from 1971 to 1973.
Wilson's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We've always suffered from “two Oregons,” but the pain is more acute than ever before. Josephine County needs good jobs and we need them as soon as possible. I will work tirelessly to search out, identify, and eliminate barriers to our success. We must bring jobs and opportunity to rural Oregon."
- Excerpt: "Picture Kansas without wheat, Iowa without corn … and 18 O&C counties without timber. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But, that's our reality. We must continue to demand that our federal delegation stand for all of Oregon! We need the income that sustainable timber harvesting will produce … it will make a huge difference."
- Excerpt: "Government was established to secure our rights … not to become our master. I will remember that with every vote I take!"
- Excerpt: "We are a nation of laws and the United States Constitution is under attack every day. Please join me in standing for our constitutional freedoms and rejecting the lawlessness that is so pervasive these days."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Tom Johnson is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Carl Wilson defeated Jack Swift and Ronald Schutz in the Republican primary. Johnson is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. Mark J. Seligman is running as a Libertarian candidate and Barbara Gonzalez is running as a Constitution Party candidate. Johnson, Wilson, Seligman and Gonzalez will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Wilson's endorsements include the following:
- Former State Senator Jason Atkinson
- Oregon AG-PAC
- Oregon Farm Bureau
- Oregon Right to Life
Wilson and his wife, Malinda, have two adult children and five grandchildren. They reside in Grants Pass, Oregon.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carl + Wilson + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 3
- Official campaign website
- Carl Wilson on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Carl," accessed April 23, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Carl Wilson," accessed April 23, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 23, 2014
- Associated Press, "2014 Oregon House of Representatives Primary Results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Supporters," accessed April 23, 2014