|Carla C. Piluso|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Andrew Jackson High School|
|Profession||Retired; School board member|
She currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Gresham/Barlow School Board.
Piluso earned her B.S. from Willamette University. She graduated from the Oregon Policy Academy. Her professional experience includes working for the Gresham Police Department for 30 years, during which she became the city's first female police chief.
Piluso's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Supporting Working Families
- Excerpt: "Carla will put working East County families and small businesses ahead of corporate special interests, by reducing taxes for the middle class and cutting tax loopholes for big corporations. And Carla will help create Oregon jobs by making sure local companies get the first crack at all state contracts, so our hard earned tax dollars create jobs here at home."
- Excerpt: "As a mom and member of the Gresham-Barlow School Board for the past 6 years, Carla believes that education is the key to success. That's why she has been a vocal advocate for making sure our teachers get the resources they deserve and the funding goes to support our classrooms, so our schools have the resources they need to keep teachers and reduce class sizes."
- Excerpt: "As Gresham's Police Chief, Carla managed a budget of over $20 million, returning an average of over $638,000 to the city each year. In the legislature, Carla will audit government programs, cutting waste and managing taxpayer dollars wisely."
- Excerpt: "In Salem, she will continue to make Gresham safer and fight to increase funding for public safety."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Carla Piluso defeated Beatrice Cochran in the Democratic primary. Piluso will face write-in candidate Dan Chriestenson (R) in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 50 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Piluso's endorsements include the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carla + Piluso + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 50
- Official campaign website
- Carla Piluso on Facebook
- Profile from the Democratic Party of Oregon
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Democratic Party of Oregon, "Carla Piluso," accessed April 28, 2014
- Carla Piluso, "Issues," accessed September 2, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Carla Piluso, "Endorsementst," accessed September 2, 2014