Carlisle School District Income Tax & Bond Measure (March 2012)
The measure was approved overall.
- YES 113 (35.42%)
- NO 206 (64.58%)
- YES 1,506 (60.19%)
- NO 996 (39.81%)
The first part of this measure sought to implement an income tax set at a rate of .75 percent for a continuing period of time in order to pay for current expenses in the school district.
The second part of the measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $28 million in order to pay for construction of new facilities and make improvements to school sites as needed in the district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
| Shall the Carlisle Local school district be authorized to do both of the following:
(1) Impose an annual income tax of three quarters of one percent (0.75%) on the school district income of individuals and of estates, for a continuing period of time, beginning January 1, 2013, for the purpose of CURRENT EXPENSES? (2) Issue bonds for the purpose of PAYING THE LOCAL SHARE OF SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION UNDER THE STATE OF OHIO CLASSROOM FACILITIES ASSISTANCE PROGRAM AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS, RENOVATIONS AND ADDITIONS TO SCHOOL FACILITIES, AND PROVIDING EQUIPMENT, FURNISHINGS AND SITE IMPROVEMENTS THEREFOR in the principal amount of Twenty-Eight Million Forty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Sixty-Seven Dollars ($28,045,667), to be repaid annually over a maximum period of thirty-seven (37) years, and levy a property tax outside the ten-mill limitation estimated by the county auditor to average over the bond repayment period eight and fiftythree hundredths (8.53) mills for each one dollar of tax valuation, which amounts to eighty-five and three tenths cents ($0.853) for each one hundred dollars of tax valuation, commencing in 2012, first due in calendar year 2013, to pay the annual debt charges on the bonds, and to pay debt charges on any notes issued in anticipation of those bonds?
- Montgomery County Board of Elections, March Election Results
- Warren County Board of Elections, Current March Election Results
- Montgomery County Board of Elections, March Issues List
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |