|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 65B|
|1991 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 1990|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||July 13, 1957|
|Profession||Program Director, MN Council of Churches|
Mariani earned his B.A. in History from Macalester College and J.D. from the University of Minnesota. His professional experience includes working as a nonprofit manager, Program Director of the Minnesota Council of Churches.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mariani served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Finance|
|• Education Policy, Chair|
|• Housing Finance and Policy|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mariani served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education Finance|
|• Education Reform|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mariani served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• K-12 Education Policy and Oversight, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
Mariani won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 65B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Carlos Conway (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 65B, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carlos Mariani Incumbent||78.3%||13,176|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 65B (2010)|
|Carlos Mariani (DFL)||8,718||74.98%|
|James Delton (R)||2,880||24.77%|
Mariani raised $14,143 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 65B (2008)|
|Carlos Mariani (DFL)||12,810||75.15%|
|Lisa Murphy (R)||4,169||24.46%|
Comprehensive donor information for Mariani is available dating back to 1996. Based on available campaign finance records, Mariani raised a total of $140,005 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Carlos Mariani's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 65B||$19,555|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 65B||$13,935|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 65B||$14,143|
|2006||Minnesota House, District 65B||$2,444|
|2004||Minnesota House, District 65B||$16,724|
|2002||Minnesota House, District 65B||$11,846|
|2000||Minnesota House, District 65B||$13,897|
|1998||Minnesota House, District 65B||$33,121|
|1996||Minnesota House, District 65B||$14,340|
|Grand Total Raised||$140,005|
2012Mariani won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mariani raised a total of $19,555.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carlos Mariani's campaign in 2012|
|Faegre Baker Daniels||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,555|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Mariani received $13,935 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carlos Mariani's campaign in 2010|
|Minneapolis Police Relief Association||$400|
|Afscme - SPAC||$300|
|Lewis, Shawn & Rose||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$13,935|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Carlos Mariani's 2008 campaign.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Mariani is married with three children. He has been a member of the Community Programs in the Arts Board and Secretary of the National Hispanic State Legislators.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carlos + Mariani + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mariani
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "All Races by Legislative District," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Mariani's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Mariani, Carlos," accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 65B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |