Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 58|
|Place of birth||Pawtucket,RI|
|Profession||Financial Advisor, Barnum Financial Group|
Tobon ran in District 58 and lost in the Democratic primary on September 11 to incumbent William San Bento, Jr.. San Bento won by a single vote, 544-543.After multiple machine recounts, Tobon requested that the Rhode Island Supreme Court order a manual recount, which it denied on October 5, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 58 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|William San Bento, Jr. Incumbent||50%||544|
In order to increase employment, Tobon proposes increased job training and adult education, access to information regarding federal programs for small businesses, and further exploration of renewable energy sources. He opposes increased property taxes.
Tobon was a Democratic candidate for District 58 of the Rhode Island House of Representatives. He ran against George Hovarth in the 2010 primary. They both were defeated by William San Bento, Jr..
- Abc6.com "RI Supreme Court urged to order election recount," Accessed October 3, 2012
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections "Rhode Island Secretary of State," Accessed July 9, 2012
- Boston Globe "Voters favor challengers in statehouse contests," September 12, 2012
- WJAR, "State Supreme Court denies recount in close race," October 5, 2012. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- Carlostobon.com "Issues," Accessed August 21, 2012
- Rhode Island Board of Elections 2010 primary results