|California State Assembly, District 26|
Jones' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Experience You Can Trust
- Excerpt: "I listen to my constituents first, research and make sound decisions second. I will carry with me the characteristics that have made me a successful council member to the state level."
- Excerpt: "In Sacramento, I will make sure that our communities have safe, clean water to drink and that our farmers have enough water to work. I will promote infrastructure to clean our water supplies as well as infrastructure to preserve our water for future use. "
Accessible Education And Job Training
- Excerpt: "I will work to ensure that our local schools have the resources they need to provide safe and healthy environments to learn. I will support Common Core, funding for technical training, Linked Learning and 4H. I will ensure that students can afford college without being exploited by loans and that there is technical job training for jobs that do not require a college degree."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Devon Mathis (R) and Rudy Mendoza (R) defeated Carlton Jones (D), Ruben Macareno (D), Derek A. Thomas (D), Teresita "Tess" Andres (R) and Esther Barajas (R) in the blanket primary. Mathis will face Mendoza in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carlton + Jones + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 26
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart