|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 6A|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Assistant Majority Leader, Minnesota House of Representatives|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 15, 2011|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Bemidji State University|
|Birthday||August 13, 1985|
Melin earned her bachelor's degree in Political Science magna cum laude from Bemidji State University, and her J.D. from the Hamline University School of Law. Her professional experience includes working with the Minnesota State Judiciary on the Iron Range.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Melin served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Early Childhood and Youth Development Policy|
|• Judiciary Finance and Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Melin served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance|
|• Judiciary Policy and Finance|
Melin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Investing in our infrastructure keeps us competitive nationally and globally, while putting Minnesotans in the construction trades back to work."
- Excerpt: "Our leading generation deserves the best in health care, good housing options, and access to services. It is their time to enjoy retirement, not to endure painful budget cuts to services they deserve."
- Excerpt: "I will continue my advocacy for fair funding for our schools and targeted aid for new technology. Minnesotans deserve a world-class education no matter what corner of the state their school is located."
Mining and Natural Resources
- Excerpt: "I support mining in Northeastern Minnesota. Our taconite mines are essential to our local and state economy, and are currently employing thousands of workers across the Iron Range."
Budget and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Property taxes are one of the most regressive forms of taxation, and I will continue to fight to keep them low. Minnesotans deserve taxation that is fair and balanced."
Melin won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 6A. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7 and defeated Roger Weber (R) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 6A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carly Melin Incumbent||70.9%||14,589|
2011 special election
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score." 
Ahead of the February 15, 2011 special election, the Minnesota GOP challenged Melin's residency, claiming she was ineligible to run.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Carly + Melin + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislators prepare to present marijuana bill in next session - Coon Rapids Herald
- Medical Marijuana Bill in Minnesota Part 1 - Northland's NewsCenter
- Otto's mining move riles Rangers - Finance and Commerce
- Medical Marijuana in Minnesota: To toke or not to toke? - MENAFN.COM
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Northlands News Center, "Sertich New IRRRB Commissioner," January 11, 2011
- ↑ "carlymelin," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minneapolis Star Tribune, "Range DFLer wins special election to fill state House seat," February 15, 2011
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Duluth News Tribune, "Republicans question Melin’s residency in District 5B," February 3, 2011
David Dill (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 6A
| Succeeded by|
Anthony Sertich (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 5B
| Succeeded by|
Tom Anzelc (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |