Carol Ann Fausone
|Carol Ann Fausone|
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Service branch||Michigan National Guard|
Fausone's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Fix our Roads
We need to repair Michigan’s roads and infrastructure. This will benefit Michigan families, workers, and businesses alike. Carol Ann is also dedicated ensuring your tax dollars are being spent efficiently. Her three-step strategy for fixing our roads includes:
1. Scrubbing the budget and eliminating wasteful spending in other areas of government. This wasteful spending can be better spent on putting on our hard hats and fixing Michigan’s roads. Our representatives need to ensure taxpayer dollars are spent efficiently.
2. Examining best practices to ensure high-quality work on our roads. Contractors also need to be held accountable for their work on Michigan roads. If we invest in better work practices up-front, we will save taxpayers’ money in the long-run.
3. Right now Michiganders are paying the Pot Hole Tax. Carol Ann will always make sure any tax increase is the absolute last option. By not fixing our roads, we are raising the Pot Hole Tax and this is simply unacceptable and unfair to Michigan families. Carol Ann is open to looking at weight limits on trucks and ensuring our roads’ highest users are paying their fair share towards a roads solution.
Invest in our Children and Education
Ensuring students are able to choose which option is best for them will greatly benefit their ability to enter the workforce with a good-paying job. For some students, this will mean going to a trade school or a specialty program at a community college to learn the skills needed to be a home builder, or enter the manufacturing and tech sectors, or go into nursing. Other students are better suited for four year degrees, and will go directly into business, law, medicine, and other fields. Michigan should be a place where there is opportunity around every corner, no matter what you want to do.
To better prepare our students for continuing education, Michigan should continue investing in early education. Carol Ann is against the Common Core and its one-size fits all strategy. There are serious concerns and reservations being raised by moms and dads across the state, as well as teachers and administrators. Carol Ann will fight to make sure these concerns are heard and adequately addressed.
Support Policies that Promote Job Growth
Health Care & Community Health
Carol Ann is particularly passionate about ensuring proper mental health care to those who are at the highest-risk in the community. By addressing potential issues early for children, seniors, and veterans, we can positively impact the quality of care in our communities. Many people feel that our health care system today is neither affordable nor caring toward patients and their families. Carol Ann has seen the problems firsthand, and as your state representative she wants to hear your concerns and roll-up her sleeves to tackle these issues head on in Michigan.
Building a Better Michigan for Everyone
Standing Up for our Constitutional Liberty
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Kristy Pagan defeated Cornell Mathis and Natalie Mosher in the Democratic primary. Carol Ann Fausone was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pagan defeated Fausone in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 21 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Carol Ann Fausone||44.8%||13,590|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Fausone's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carol + Ann + Fausone + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 21
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Friends of Carol Ann Fausone, "Issues Ahead of Us," accessed October 16, 2014 (dead link)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |