|Nebraska State Senate, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
Blood has served on the Bellevue City Council.
Blood's professional experience includes working as the Director of the La Vista Area Chamber of Commerce.
Blood's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Nebraska must work diligently to keep education accessible and affordable to all Nebraska Residents. College should be a secure investment for any student, from any background."
- Excerpt: "As a 3rd generation farm girl, I can tell you that the agriculture industry and family owned farms are vital to our state's economy. Building capacity for our farming future helps build Nebraska's economic future."
- Excerpt: "I am going to do whatever is in my power to provide tax relief to Veterans and Social Security recipients to the best of my ability. Nebraska is viewing taxes in a short sided way. We need to take a look at the long term and not the short term, as well as our cash reserves."
- Excerpt: "Nebraska can save millions of dollars by rethinking mandatory minimum sentences and expanding our prison alternatives. We can continue to be tough on crime in a fashion that is also smart. Incarceration should be used to punish, deter and rehabilitate. If we convict, warehouse and forget, we are not being responsible with taxpayer money and we create a type of revolving door for repeat offenders."
Veteran Self Employment
- Excerpt: "We can do better with this potential pool of qualified veterans and find a way to better identify their needs while providing appropriate services."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nebraska State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for challengers wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014, two days after the statutory deadline, which fell on a Saturday. Incumbents were required to file for election by February 18, 2014, three days after the statutory deadline, which fell on the Saturday prior to Presidents Day. Incumbent Tommy Garrett and Carol Blood will face off in the general election. Both candidates were unopposed in the primary election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carol + Blood + Nebraska + Legislature"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Carol Blood on Facebook
- Carol Blood on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 7, 2014
- electcarolblood.com, "Issues and Priorities," accessed March 7, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Results of Nebraska Primary Election," accessed July 7, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Statewide Candidate List," accessed March 21, 2014