Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 6th Bristol District|
|September 25, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||September 10, 2013|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Carole Fiola was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Steinhof was unopposed in the Republican primary. Fiola defeated Steinhof in the general election.
Fiola won election in a special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives 6th Bristol District. The seat was vacant following David Sullivan's (D) resignation to become the executive director of the Fall River Housing Authority. Fiola defeated David J. Dennis, Bradford L. Kilby and Gerald Potvin in the August 13 Democratic primary and defeated David L. Steinhof (R) in the special election, which took place on September 10.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 6th Bristol District, Special Election, 2013|
|Republican||David L. Steinhof||46.9%||2,564|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 6th Bristol District Democratic Primary, 2013|
|David J. Dennis||31.3%||1,312|
|Bradford L. Kilby||16.5%||690|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carole + Fiola + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- heraldnews.com, "Aug. 13, Sept. 10 set as special election dates to replace Sullivan," May 13, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us., "Primary Candidates," accessed July 19, 2013
- masslive.com, "Democrats Dan Cullinane, Daniel Donahue and Carol Fiola elected to Massachusetts House," September 11, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- ''electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 19, 2013
David Sullivan (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Bristol 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |