|Kansas House of Representatives District 83|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bridges served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Vision 2020|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Carolyn Bridges was unopposed in the Democratic primary. James Thomas was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bridges faces Thomas in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 83, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Carolyn Bridges Incumbent||55.7%||2,829|
Bridges won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 83. She was unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Tim Garvey (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 83, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bridges is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bridges raised a total of $17,722 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 20, 2013.
|Carolyn Bridges's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 83||$17,722|
|Grand Total Raised||$17,722|
2012Bridges won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bridges raised a total of $17,722.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carolyn Bridges's campaign in 2012|
|Wichita-Hutchinson Labor Federation||$1,000|
|Machinists & Aerospace Workers District Lodge 70||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$17,722|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Carolyn Bridges received a score of 36.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carolyn + Bridges + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Bridges' website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Caroyln Bridges on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Bridges, Carolyn," accessed June 20, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Jo Ann Pottorff (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |