|Former candidate for|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 49b|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Crain's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The current policies guiding our state through the growth management act and both of the departments of Ecology and the Natural Resources are driving this economy down. I truly believe that we need legislative oversight committees to address these two departments as well as the issues surrounding L&I’s handling of workers compensation regulations and rates."
- Excerpt: "We should not be taking funds from our transportation budget to pay taxes with our own tax money we already paid in when we build a new bridge or road. We need WSDOT reforms before we ever consider giving another dime in taxes to this very defective branch of government."
- Excerpt: "It is time that we sit down and change the way we budget. Serious reforms need to be done to assure the future of our children both in their education and their future potential to continue living here when they are the adults in the room. They need us to be proactive about protecting their freedoms of choice regarding careers, residency, and lifestyles."
Crain's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Create legislation that reforms and repeals in order to reign in the department of Ecology in Washington State."
- Excerpt:"Reduce discretionary spending programs in order to bring about fiscal constraint in governmental spending."
- Excerpt:"Work to reform L&I laws regarding workers compensation adding optional privatization coverage plans."
- Excerpt:"Reform public employees’ benefits programs so that all personnel are covered with equal benefits."
- Excerpt:"Restructure spending in K-12 funding at the classroom level."
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent James Moeller (D) and Lisa Phifer Ross (R) defeated Carolyn Crain (R) in the primary. Moeller and Ross will face off in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 49b Top Two Primary, 2014|
|Democratic||Jim Moeller Incumbent||55%||11,381|
Crain ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 49b. Crain ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent James Moeller (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 49b, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Moeller Incumbent||60.6%||31,858|
In 2014, Crain's endorsements include the following:
- Jerry Oliver, Port Commissioner
- Representative Paul Harris
- Representative Brandon Vick
- Representative J.T. Wilcox
- Senator Don Benton
- Senator Jan Angel
- Councilwoman Connie Jo Freeman
- Councilman Bill Turlay
- Councilman Dave Shoemaker
- Commissioner Tom Mielke
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Carolyn + Crain + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Carolyn Crain on Facebook
- Washington State Legislature
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Vote 4 Carolyn, "On the Issues," accessed July 16, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," May 23, 2012
- Vote 4 Carolyn, "Carolyn in Action," accessed July 16, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |