For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham 3|
|1999 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||16|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Partridge earned her B.A. from New York University in 1971.
Partridge has worked as a farmer and seamstress.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Partridge served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Partridge served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Partridge served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Windham-3 has two state representatives. Incumbents Carolyn Partridge and Matt Trieber were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Deborah Wright ran as an Independent candidate. Partridge and Trieber defeated Wright in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Windham-3 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Carolyn W. Partridge Incumbent||45.7%||1,404|
|Democratic||Matthew A. Trieber Incumbent||40%||1,230|
Partridge won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Windham 3. Partridge advanced past the August 28, 2012, Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Carolyn Partridge Incumbent||36.6%||749|
|Matt Trieber Incumbent||35.8%||733|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham 4 General Election (2010)|
|Michael Obuchowski (D)||1,748|
|Carolyn Partridge (D)||1,408|
|Christopher Moore (I)||1,066|
Comprehensive donor information for Partridge is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Partridge raised a total of $10,129 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Carolyn Partridge's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Windham-3||$7,494|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Windham-4||$2,635|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,129|
2012Partridge won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Partridge raised a total of $7,494.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carolyn Partridge's campaign in 2012|
|International Brotherhood Of Teamsters||$500|
|Partridge, Marika & Ravitz, Larry||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,494|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Partridge was up for election, she collected $2,635 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carolyn Partridge's campaign in 2010|
|Teamsters Local 597||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,635|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Partridge voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Partridge and her wife, Alan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carolyn + Partridge + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Carolyn Partridge's personal website
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Partridge, Carolyn," accessed September 24, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013