|Idaho House of Representatives District 7A|
|High school||Mullan High School|
|Bachelor's||Criminal Justice, Lewis and Clark State College|
|Profession||Mining, law enforcement|
Drews earned her Bachelor's degree from Lewis and Clark State College, and expects to graduate from the University of Idaho College of Law in 2014. She worked in the Galena Silver Mine as a Motorman, and she has also interned with the Shoshone County Sheriff's Department.
Drews's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Only through job creation can our quality of life be enhanced. Idaho needs to provide an environment of entrepreneurship and investment by offering stable, fair and predictability tax structures so business owners will have the confidence to reinvest in our state."
- Fair education for all
- Excerpt: "Rural schools continually get the short end of the stick and wealthier school districts are giving students better opportunities. We should give rural students as good an education as urban students."
- Preserving our unique way of life
- Excerpt: "Casey is an avid hunter and outdoors woman. She strongly supports the second amendment. Casey will fight against the Federal Government taking these rights away and support the right of an Idahoan to protect their property and family against all wild animals."
- Restoring Integrity
- Excerpt: "Casey will stand up for what’s right. She doesn’t believe that voters should just trust elected officials on faith—she supports an independent ethics commission to hold elected officials accountable."
Drews ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 7A. She was selected to replace Andrea Davidson on the general ballot on July 19, 2012. Drews was defeated by Shannon McMillan (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 7A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Shannon McMillan Incumbent||64.9%||11,561|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Casey + Drews + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Shoshone News Press, "Drews a candidate for District 7 house seat," July 25, 2012
- Biography submission to Ballotpedia, September 30, 2012
- Casey Drews, "Issues," accessed October 5, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, Declaration for 2012 - General, July 25, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012