|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Begaye's campaign website highlights the following issues:
We need to raise the Minimum Wage
- Excerpt: "A New Mexican who works full time should not live in poverty. That is why we need to raise the minimum wage to $10.10/hour. Investing in New Mexico’s children and their future means investing in their parents now."
- Excerpt: "Manufacturing is one sector of our economy that has been hit particularly hard and the legislature should work to create incentives to keep companies like Intel here. Another sector of our economy that has been shedding jobs is government – and it shows. By investing in good government, we can afford to fully fund agencies like CYFD and provide necessary oversight to ensure the state remains a safe and prosperous place to raise a family."
- Excerpt: "Pre-K education needs to be better funded for us to see the real benefits of investing early. When children are better prepared with the basics – the alphabet, numbers, counting – they have a solid foundation upon which to build their education. This makes the next years of reading, writing, and arithmetic, a real successful prospect."
- Excerpt: "Every teacher puts in more than forty hours per week to make sure that they are ready to take on the noble task of educating our kids. Raising teachers' wages is not on the agenda of our Governor or her faithful supporter Paul Pacheco. If elected, I intend to support education investment on both ends: children and their teachers."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Paul Pacheco was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Catherine Begaye was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Pacheco and Begaye will face off in the general election.
In 2014, Begaye's endorsements include the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Catherine + Begaye + New + Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Mexico House of Representatives District 23
- Official campaign website
- Catherine Begaye on Facebook
- Catherine Begaye on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Mexico Secretary of State, 2014 Primary Election Candidate List