Catherine Terry Taylor
|Catherine Terry Taylor|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Date of primary||September 9, 2014|
|Rhode Island Lieutenant Governor|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|High school||Ethel Walker High School|
|Birthday||March 25, 1961|
|Place of birth||Hartford, Connecticut|
|Profession||Policy adviser; Speechwriter|
In late-June 2010, Taylor announced her candidacy for Rhode Island Secretary of State. She received slightly over forty-nine percent of the vote in the general election on November 2, 2010, and was narrowly defeated by Democratic incumbent Ralph Mollis.
Taylor is a former speech writer for the late Senator John H. Chafee and former Senator Lincoln D. Chafee.
After receiving her degree at Yale, Taylor joined the staff of Bob Smith, a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives, where she remained for two years. She then served as both a legislative assistant for defense and foreign policy as well as a speechwriter for John Chafee, a Republican member of the United States Senate representing Rhode Island. Following Chafee's sudden death in 1999, his son, Lincoln, retained Taylor as senior editor until his unsuccessful bid for re-election in 2006.
Back in the private sector for the first time in twenty years, Taylor and Ian Lang, another former member of Chafee's senatorial staff, founded Lang-Taylor Ltd., a communications and public affairs consulting firm based in Providence, Rhode Island; the company later changed its name to Taylorwordworks.
- Ethel Walker High School
- B.A. in history from Yale University
Taylor is running for election to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Rhode Island. Taylor is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on September 9. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
- 2010 Race for Attorney General - Republican Primary
- Catherine Terry Taylor ran unopposed this contest
On November 2, 2010, A. Ralph Mollis won re-election to the office of Rhode Island Secretary of State. He defeated Catherine Terry Taylor (R) in the general election.
|Rhode Island Secretary of State, 2010|
|Democratic||A. Ralph Mollis Incumbent||50.6%||166,140|
|Republican||Catherine Terry Taylor||49.4%||162,283|
|Election Results Via: Rhode Island Board of Elections|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Catherine + Terry + Taylor + Rhode + Island + Lieutenant"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lieutenant Governor of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Lieutenant Gubernatorial election, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State
- Rhode Island Secretary of State election, 2010
- Catherine Taylor's Facebook profile
- Catherine Taylor's Twitter account
- Catherine Taylor's Linkedin page
- Project Vote Smart - Catherine Terry Taylor biography
- Taylorforsecretaryofstate.com 2010 Campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from July 14, 2010.
- Rhode Island Public Radio, "Catherine Taylor Joins Race for Lieutenant Governor," June 10, 2014
- The Providence Journal, "Edward Fitzpatrick: She’s on the verge of ‘taking the plunge," 24 June, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Catherine Taylor's Biography," accessed June 12, 2014
- RI.gov, "Governor-elect Lincoln Chafee Announces Catherine Taylor as Choice to Head Department of Elderly Affairs," December 3, 2010
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |