|Ohio House of Representatives, District 52|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Hourani's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Bring the community together by creating a community garden and other collaborative projects. Such projects create a place where children work together, focusing on universal skills like gardening and helping the community. I am committed to making these community projects a reality."
Diversity & Strength
- Excerpt: "I know our district is conservative and we all have different issues. As our representative, I will respond to the diversity of our district and make sure I always seek out ways to communicate with all constituents, no matter what side of an issue they are on. I always welcome new ideas for problem solving. We need to put our differences aside, find common ground, and start building a strong community together, for all those who call the 52nd home."
- Excerpt: "We need to improve our quality of education for a more competitive, better-trained workforce. Our education system just isn't competitive with that of other countries. We need to ensure that our children will be ready to go into the workforce or on to college with education that meets our needs."
Equality for Women
- Excerpt: "Stand together and demand equality for women. Women are the backbone of our families and communities. As long as we allow discrimination and inequality to remain unchallenged, the full potential of our families and communities will never be realized. We must take bold steps to protect women's rights in order to better everyone's lives."
Fighting for Labor
- Excerpt: "Help me block legislation that hurts labor. Over the past four years, we have seen deliberate attacks on labor."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Cathina Hourani was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Margaret Conditt defeated Joseph Ebbing in the Republican primary. Conditt and Hourani will face off in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 52 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Margaret Conditt Incumbent||74.3%||7,411|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cathina + Hourani + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 52
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Cathina Hourani on Facebook
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |