|Michigan State Senate, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Forbes' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "To put it simply, education is going to be my number one focus as your State Senator and I will work every single day to advocate for our schools and our students right here in West Michigan. "
- Excerpt: "I'll work with our employers right here in West Michigan to enact the policies that will truly encourage job growth. It starts with creating a highly educated workforce that shows companies that there's no better place to invest in than here in Michigan."
- Excerpt: "As a State Senator, I will work to reform our process for funding our roadways to guarantee reliable maintenance and modernization. Fair tax policies that fund our infrastructure systems without burdening citizens at the pump must be put in place, and the legislature must make roads and other infrastructure projects a priority. "
- Excerpt: "I support fair tax policies that require corporations to pay their fair share and allow for economic growth for small businesses, individuals, and families. If elected, I am committed to working with my colleagues to craft a sensible tax plan for both individuals and businesses that will provide relief to working families while still ensuring Michigan’s economic growth. "
Environment and Energy
- Excerpt: "As an elected official, I will seek to strengthen the ability of wildlife and environmental agencies to keep Michigan’s natural resources safe from ruin. I will work to keep our water supply free from harmful chemicals and invasive species, and will oppose any attempts to send it to other states. "
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Cathy Forbes was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Goeff Hansen defeated Nick Sundquist in the Republican primary. Hansen faces Forbes in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 34 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Goeff Hansen Incumbent||62.4%||9,203|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cathy + Forbes + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 34
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Cathy Forbes on Facebook
- Cathy Forbes on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- forbesforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed July 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014