Cedric Asuega Gates
|Former candidate for|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 44|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Youth Build Hawaii|
Gates is a Hawaii native. He attended Waianae High School and earned his diploma in 2010 through the Youth Build Hawaii program. As of his 2014 campaign, he was studying at Leeward Community College.
At age 17, Gates founded the nonprofit The Active Hawaii Organization to promote an active lifestyle and reduce childhood obesity. He has interned with Honolulu Council Member Kymberly Marcos Pine and Hawaii State Representative Karen Awana. He has also worked with the Honolulu Community Action Program as a marketplace assister.
For his work in the Waianae community, Gates was awarded the 2013 Outstanding Children and Youth Advocate by Governor Abercrombie and the State of Hawaii Legislature and received a Certificate of Recognition by the Honolulu City Council.
Gates' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Create homegrown teachers, doctors, and leaders."
- Excerpt: "Finance local farmers and Nonprofits to create and/or expand operations to reduce Imports and build a stronger local economy and create a larger food supply for our people."
Cost of living/Homeless
- Excerpt: "Finance more programs and transitional shelters."
- Excerpt: "Create more local employment with livable wages which will decrease the number of commuters traveling outside of the community for commodities, and services."
Health and Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "Develop more State and County Parks on the Waianae Coast"
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jo Jordan was unopposed in the Democratic primary and defeated Cedric Asuega Gates (G) and Allen "Al" Frenzel (L) in the general election.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 44, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jo Jordan Incumbent||60.7%||2,703|
|Green||Cedric Asuega Gates||23%||1,025|
|Libertarian||Allen "Al" Frenzel||16.2%||722|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cedric + Gates + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 44
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Cedric Asuega Gates on Facebook
- Cedric Asuega Gates on LinkedIn
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on June 25, 2014
- LinkedIn, "Cedric Asuega Gates," accessed July 13, 2014
- cedricgates.com, "Cedric's Mission," accessed October 8, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 12, 2014