|Oregon House of Representatives, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Hayden's professional experience includes working as a dentist, as a heavy equipment operator and as the owner of a ranch.
Hayden's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Private Sector Solutions Needed in Health Care
- Excerpt: "My wife and I are expecting our fifth child this July. We have worked hard and planned ahead. But, like millions of Americans, we too recently received a letter saying that because of government intervention that insurance policy may end. What I want to know is does the government really know what’s better for my family than we do? Again, government is not the solution."
Market-Based Job Creation
- Excerpt: "I’ve found that my business ventures have done the best at both turning a profit and benefiting our employees when we did not have to spend significant time and other resources navigating through government paperwork and policies. Even the best intentions behind regulations often don’t result in the greater good. This is most obvious in rural areas like ours where legislation and regulations created with ostensibly good intentions have resulted in dramatically reduced timber harvests and thus job losses."
Individual Freedom and Rights
- Excerpt: "We’re also very familiar with government overreach in our area when it comes to the right to bear arms. Thankfully, this right has not been taken away. But the pressure for the government to limit our 2nd Amendment rights is strong, and as your State Representative I will fight to block efforts by politicians in Portland and Eugene from taking away our gun rights."
Educating for our Future
- Excerpt: "And as parents with kids in school, Julie and I understand the challenges that our schools face to provide a quality education. I want to see a serious effort to reduce class sizes and provide every student the opportunity and resources they need to read by the time they are in third grade."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Cedric Hayden defeated Gary Williams in the Republican primary. He also ran as a write-in candidate on the Democratic party ticket. Brandon Boertje ran as a Libertarian candidate. Hayden defeated Boertje in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 7 Republican Primary, 2014|
Hayden and his wife, Julie, have four children. They are expecting their fifth child this July.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cedric + Hayden + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 7
- Official campaign website
- Cedric Hayden on Facebook
- Cedric Hayden on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Cedric," accessed April 23, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Why I’m asking to be your State Representative," accessed April 23, 2014
- Associated Press, "2014 Oregon House of Representatives Primary Results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014