|Running for U.S. House, Alabama District 1|
|Date of primary||September 24, 2013|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 102|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Fincher was a 2013 Republican candidate seeking election in the special election to the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of Alabama. He was defeated in the Republican primary on September 24, 2013.
Fincher is the owner and realtor of Fincher and Associates Realty Services and a registered forester with the State of Alabama.
Fincher served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture and Forestry Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Ethics and Campaign Finance Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Campaign Finance, Chair
Fincher ran for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of Alabama. The election was held to replace Jo Bonner, who announced his resignation on May 23, 2013, in order to take a position as vice chancellor of government and economic development at the University of Alabama.
He was defeated in the Republican primary on September 24, 2013. No candidate secured more than 50 percent of the total vote, requiring a runoff primary on November 5, 2013. Bradley Byrne and Dean Young were the top two winners, and will face off in the runoff primary. The winner advanced to the general election on December 17, 2013.
|U.S. House, Alabama District 1 Republican Primary, 2013|
|Source: Unofficial results via Associated Press|
Fincher won re-election to the 102nd District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Fincher raised $104,551 for his campaign, while Johnson raised $43,407.
|Alabama State House, District 102 (2006)|
|Chad Fincher (R)||7,043|
|Gary Johnson (D)||2,312|
In 2010, Fincher raised $61,015 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$3,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
In 2006, Fincher collected $104,551 in donations.
Below are Fincher's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Farmers Federation||$16,219|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$8,000|
|Business Council of AL||$7,500|
|AL Forestry Assoc||$7,000|
|Cooley, Tyler & Felicia||$4,472|
Fincher and his wife, Caresse, have one child.
Fincher is a member of a number of organizations, including the Court Appointed Special Advocates Board of Mobile, Mobile Area Association of Realtors, Mobile County Grand Old Party, Tanner Williams Community Club, West Mobile Baptist Church, Alabama Cattlemen's Association, Alabama Farmers Federation, Alabama Forestry Association, Alabama Treasure Forest Association, and Alabama Wildlife Federation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Chad + Fincher + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Chad Fincher
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- AP Results, "Alabama Special Election Primary," accessed September 24, 2013
- blog.al.com, "BREAKING: Rep. Jo Bonner resigning from Congress," May 23, 2013
- AL.com, "State Rep. Chad Fincher launches bid for AL-01 congressional seat" accessed June 19, 2013
- National Journal, "Five Names To Know In Alabama 01" accessed June 10,2 013
- Associated Press, "Alabama - Summary Vote Results ," accessed September 24, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fincher
|Alabama House District 102
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|