|California State Assembly, District 42|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Mayes' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Deliver High Performance Government
- Excerpt: "Chad believes state government can deliver stronger transparency and accountability to taxpayers through innovations such as performance based budgeting and measures like Lean Six Sigma that focus on efficiency."
Fix Failing Schools
- Excerpt: "California schools can regain their position as #1 again by giving parents a greater role and responsibility in their child’s education, returning local control to school boards, ensuring our schools are safe, and extending collegiate level choice to college bound students and a quality career technology courses that prepare graduates to compete for the best jobs."
Build a New Jobs Climate
- Excerpt: "Texas Governor Rick Perry’s efforts to lure companies and jobs from California by offering economic incentives are a direct result of California having the highest taxes in the nation. We need to reform California’s job killing regulations and reduce the tax burden to not only keep the jobs we have but to expand and strengthen our economy."
Step up the Fight for Local Control
- Excerpt: "Instead of returning resources to cities and counties for schools, public safety and badly needed infrastructure repairs, political choices have caused deep damage to local communities. As an experienced former councilman and mayor, Chad will champion greater local control and stewardship of every tax dollar."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Karalee Hargrove (D) and Chad Mayes (R) defeated Gary Jeandron (R) in the blanket primary. Hargrove will face Mayes in the general election.
|California State Assembly, District 42 Blanket Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chad + Mayes + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 42
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Chad Mayes on Facebook