|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 77|
|Rowan County Commissioner|
|High school||East Rowan High School, 1994|
Mitchell is currently serving his third-term as Rowan County Commissioner.
Mitchell earned his B.A. in Public Administration and American Government from Catawba College in 1998. His professional experience includes working as the athletics director and as a social studies teacher at East Rowan High School.
- Excerpt: "My children will not go to a school that teaches Common Core curriculum. Having taught in a school with Common Core curriculum – trust me, you don’t want it. They have already come out and said the math standards are horrible (and) they do not train people for the science, technology, engineering and mathematical careers that we want our state’s children to be trained in. It is something we need to modify.”
- Excerpt: "One-size-fits-all schools do not work. We need to move to a system where we support a child going to a school where they can be successful."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Harry Warren defeated Chad Mitchell in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 77 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Harry Warren Incumbent||63.9%||4,746|
Mitchell and his wife, Allison, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chad + Mitchell + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 77
- Profile from Rowan County
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- www.salisburypost.com, "Commissioner Chad Mitchell challenges Harry Warren for District 77 seat," accessed April 21, 2014
- Rowan County, "Chairman Chad Mitchell," accessed April 21, 2014
- www.salisburypost.com, "Mitchell and Warren go head-to-head at Catawba College for 77th District seat in state legislature," accessed April 21, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |