|Arizona House of Representatives District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Yuma Union High School District #13 Governing Board|
|Bachelor's||Northern Arizona University|
|Place of birth||Yuma, AZ|
Fernandez earned a bachelor’s degree in education from Northern Arizona University. She then worked for Congressman Ed Pastor for 12 years, coordinating constituent services for the western portion of then Congressional District 2. While working for Congressman Pastor, Fernandez spearheaded an effort that culminated in bringing a Veteran’s Administration clinic to Yuma County for the first time in history. She also served in a similar capacity for Congressman Raul Grijalva. She then become a consultant for a software company that produced a constituent management system for the U.S. House of Representatives. Fernandez later served Governor Janet Napolitano as a liaison for the Arizona Department of Environment Quality in Yuma County. In this capacity she worked with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, as well as its counterpart in the Republic of Mexico. Fernandez was elected to Yuma Union High School District Governing Board and served as president and vice president.
Fernandez's campaign website listed the following issue:
- Excerpt: "We need to provide our schools and teachers with the tools they need to give our kids today the skills for the jobs of tomorrow."
Elections for the office of Arizona House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Incumbent Lisa Otondo will face Charlene Fernandez and Jose Suarez in the Democratic primary. Richard Hopkins is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Juan Carlos Escamilla||33.3%||4,038|
Fernandez has been endorsed by the following people and organizations:
- Congressman Ed Pastor
- Congressman Raul Grijalva
- United Farm Workers Co-Founder Dolores Huereta
- Arizona Education Association
- Arizona's List
- Emily's List
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Arizona State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police
- Las Adelitas Arizona
- Planned Parenthood of Arizona
- Arizona Pipe Traders 469
- Arizona Women's Caucus
- Arizona Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers Political Action for Candidate Election (PACE)
- Progressive Majority Fund
- Stonewall Democrats of Arizona
- Professional Firefighters of Arizona
- United Food Commercial Workers
Fernandez and her husband, Sergio, have three children: Brian, Carlye, and Lisa. She lives with her husband in central Yuma less then two miles from where she was raised.
Charlene outraised both of her opponents in the first reporting period.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charlene + Fernandez + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona House of Representatives
- Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Arizona State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Charlene Fernandez on Facebook
- Charlene Fernandez on Twitter
- Charlene for House, "About," accessed August 15, 2014
- Charlene for House, "Issue," accessed July 7, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- Charlene for House, "News," accessed July 29, 2014