|Arkansas House of Representatives District 80|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
|Master's||University of Arkansas|
Fite earned her B.S. from the University of Tennessee and her M.S. in Education from the University of Arkansas.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fite served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs|
|• Advanced Communications and Information Technology, Alternate|
|• Joint Advanced Communications and Information Technology, Alternate|
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Charlene Fite was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Taylor Watkins (L) in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 80 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Charlene Fite Incumbent||78.2%||6,615|
Fite ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 80. Fite defeated Terry Bibbs in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Jack Norton (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 80, General Election, 2012|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 80 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Fite is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Fite raised a total of $31,066 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 21, 2013.
|Charlene Fite's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 80||$31,066|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,066|
2012Fite won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Fite raised a total of $31,066.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charlene Fite's campaign in 2012|
|Fite, Thomas L||$6,370|
|House Republican Caucus||$2,000|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Arkansas Realtors Association||$1,000|
|Washington County Republican Cmte||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,066|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
Fite has five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charlene + Fite + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Political Summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Charlene Fite on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 9, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Arkansas State Primary Election, May 22, 2012," accessed July 11, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Fite, Charlene," accessed August 21, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
Linda Collins-Smith (R)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|