|New Jersey General Assembly, District 20|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Place of birth||Union, NJ|
Donnelly's professional experience includes working for the Ironworkers of Northern New Jersey for 43 years. He served in the United States Army.
- Property taxes:
- Excerpt: "Hackett and Donnelly feel that property taxes in New Jersey are far too high. In fact, New Jersey notorious around the United States for having on average one of the highest property tax rates in the nation. As members of the State Assembly, Donnelly and Hackett will fight to keep Governor Chris Christie's 2% tax cap in effect, and push for tax relief legislation to reduce the burden on municipalities. The pair also seeks to reduce wasteful spending, such as dual pension benefits for double-dipping government"
- Urban redevelopment
- Excerpt: "New Jersey's cities are some of the most historically significant cities in the Northeast. However, the honest fact is that many areas of our cities are plagued by drug and gang violence that gives the law abiding majority of those who live there a reason to feel unsafe. Coming from the district home to one of NJ's largest cities, Elizabeth, Donnelly and Hackett want to work closely with residents of our cities and utilize their ideas to see them return to the shining example of urban living that they had been in the past. This includes common sense statewide reforms, modifications to the treatment of gang-based first offenses, and novel education techniques to honestly address the modern struggles of living in a New Jersey city."
- Pension reform
- Excerpt: "For many government workers, pensions are a necessary and vital component of their retirement. However, as in all systems there are those who would abuse it, and the abuse of the pension system has led to crippling expenses for the state and increased taxes for our residents. Donnelly and Hackett feel that dual office holders should only be entitled to one pension, and that future dual paid appointments should be eliminated in the state. Likewise, they feel that elected officials should not be able to hold an appointed office that conflicts or relates to their elected role. If elected, the two will work to enrich the taxpayers, not themselves and their inner circle."
- Honest government
- Excerpt: "It's no secret that the people of New Jersey feel as though their elected officials aren't always being honest. Donnelly and Hackett want to end that stereotype and be as open and honest with the people of New Jersey as possible. When elected, the two will always allow questions, comments or concerns through various means of social media as well as in person schedule visits for concerned taxpayers. Politicians work for the people, not the other way around, and it is about time they started being held accountable."
- Economic development
- Excerpt: "Arguably the most important topic, New Jersey's economy should be one of our Legislature's top priorities. Donnelly and Hackett believe that lower taxes, small business incentives, and a healthy middle class are the keys to economic success. They want to help the working and middle class, as well as minority groups such as Hispanics, not merely through raising the minimum wage - rather, they want to see more people come off the minimum wage. This can only be accomplished through a strong economy and job growth, an environment not being fostered by their opponents in District 20."
Donnelly ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 20. Donnelly was bracketed with Christopher Hackett. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent Joseph Cryan (D) and incumbent Annette Quijano (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Donnelly lives in Newark, NJ.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Donnelly + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Donnelly and Hackett's campaign website
- Donnelly and Hackett's Facebook page
- Donnelly and Hackett on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Charles Donnelly
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Charles Donnelly," accessed September 11, 2013
- Donnelly and Hackett's Campaign website, "Issues," accessed September 11, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |