Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Putnam County Board of Education, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||August 7, 2014|
The August 7, 2014, general election ballot for District 2 included candidates Vern Crabtree and Celeste Bates Gammon. The District 4 ballot included incumbent David M. McCormick and Charles Looper. The District 6 ballot included incumbent Jerry Maynard and Jimmy Neal.
|Putnam County Schools, District 4, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||David M. McCormick Incumbent||54.7%||1,163|
|Source: Putnam County Election Commission, "Unofficial Results," accessed August 7, 2014 These election results are unofficial. They will be updated once certified election results are available.|
The Putnam County Election Commission does not publish and freely disclose school board candidate campaign finance reports.
Looper did not receive any official endorsements in this election.
About the district
- See also: Putnam County Schools, Tennessee
Putnam County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Tennessee in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 21.7 percent of Putnam County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 23.5 percent for Tennessee as a whole. The median household income in Putnam County was $34,107 compared to $44,140 for the state of Tennessee. The poverty rate in Putnam County was 24.1 percent compared to 17.3 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Looper + Putnam + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States Census Bureau, "Putnam County, Tennessee," accessed July 7, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed July 7, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Election Results," accessed June 26, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Putnam County Schools Elections|
|Putnam County, Tennessee|
|Election date:||August 7, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 2: • Vern Crabtree • Celeste Bates Gammon |
District 6: • Incumbent, Jerry Maynard • Jimmy Neal
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|