Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Vermont Secretary of State|
- Bachelor's degree, Case Western Reserve University (1982)
- Juris Doctorate, Vermont Law School (1995)
Merriman currently works as an attorney in the Montpelier-based private practice law firm of Tarrant, Marks & Gilles. Prior to this, he had served as chairman of the Middlesex Zoning Board of Adjustment for thirteen years and nine years as an assistant attorney general. In addition to these roles, he also was the state's principal attorney on property tax issues and wrote the current version of the Property Tax Appeals Handbook.
- Chairman, Middlesex School Board
- Board member, Brookhaven Home for boys
- Vestry member, Christ Episcopal in Montpelier
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Democratic Primary|
|Jim Condos (D)||66.3%|
|Charles Merriman (D)||32.1%|
Merriman currently resides in Middlesex, Vermont with his wife, Sarah Strohmeyer, and their two children - Anna and Sam.
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from September 26, 2010.