Charles Potter Jr.
|Charles Potter Jr.|
|Delaware House of Representatives District 1|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Potter received a B.A. in Business Administration and Computer Programming from Wilmington College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Potter served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Gaming & Parimutuels, Chair|
|• Health & Human Development|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent Charles Potter, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Potter ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 1. Potter defeated Victoria Kent and Rourke Moore in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and was unchallenged in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Charles Potter, Jr.||100%||9,321|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Charles Potter, Jr.||63.9%||2,546|
Comprehensive donor information for Potter is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Potter raised a total of $34,310 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Charles Potter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State House, District 1||$34,310|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,310|
2012Potter won election to the Delaware House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Potter raised a total of $34,310.
|Delaware House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles Potter's campaign in 2012|
|Potter Jr, Charles||$3,500|
|Mathis, Larry & Brenda||$600|
|Stewart, Karen Weldin||$600|
|Responsible Delaware Pac||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,310|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charles + Potter + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 1
- Delaware State Legislature
- Charles Potter Jr. Facebook Page, "Info," accessed September 1, 2012
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Potter, Chareles," accessed September 19, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
Dennis P. Williams (D)
|Delaware House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|