|Georgia House of Representatives District 119|
|July 19, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||July 19, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Williams' professional experience includes working as the President of North Georgia Bank.
Williams' campaign site details his campaign themes:
- "I do not believe that government can be all things to all people. State government cannot effectively deal with every issue faced by Georgians. State government should play a supporting role to the private sector, as job growth and economic prosperity will primarily come from private investment, not public investment. My service will be guided by the Oath of Office I will take: to uphold the Constitution of Georgia and of the United States. Beyond that, representing the interests of residents of the 113th and being a responsible steward of the State's resources will be my guide."
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014.
Williams ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 119. Williams ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidate filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Williams ran unopposed in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 119, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chuck Williams Incumbent||100%||15,613|
The special election for State House District 113 took place in Oconee County and portions of Clarke, Morgan and Oglethorpe counties. The election was a nonpartisan special election with an open primary. Williams and Dan Matthews (D) were the top two vote-getters in the primary. Williams defeated Matthews in the July 19 runoff election.
- Democratic Candidate:
- Dan Matthews 1,048
- Republican Candidates:
Comprehensive donor information for Williams is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Williams raised a total of $81,808 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Charles Williams's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 119||$11,573|
|2011||Georgia State House, District 113||$70,235|
|Grand Total Raised||$81,808|
2012Williams won re-election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Williams raised a total of $11,573.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles Williams's campaign in 2012|
|Select Management Resources||$2,500|
|Cowsert for Senate||$500|
|Georgia Association of Realtors||$500|
|Georgia Bankers Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,573|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Williams and has a wife, Beth. He has served on the Oconee County Industrial Authority, the UGA Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Advisory Council, the Georgia Forestry Commission Board of Directors, and the Watkinsville City Council. In addition, Williams has worked with FFA and the Rotary Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Charles + Williams + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Charles Williams on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Official campaign site
- Chuck Williams on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- OnlineAthens, Rep. Huckaby resigns Georgia House, April 29, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Unofficial Results of the Tuesday, June 21, 2011 Special Election," Accessed June 22, 2011
- Secretary of State News, Secretary Kemp Announces the Close of Qualifying for the Special Election in State House District 113, May 18, 2011
- Online Athens, "Williams wins House 113 runoff," July 19, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Williams, Charles Edwards," accessed August 27, 2013
- Campaign Site, "About Chuck," Accessed June 15, 2011
Barbara Sims (R)
|Georgia House District 119
| Succeeded by|
|Georgia House District 113
| Succeeded by|
Pam Dickerson (D)
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |