|Former candidate for|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Louis D. Brandeis High School|
Plagainos earned his B.A. in History and Philosophy with a Minor in Religion from Queens College and his M.Ed. in Guidance Counseling from Phoenix University. He served in the United States Air Force as a Crash Rescue Fireman from 1966 to 1970, the United States Army Reserve from 1973 to 1977 and the United States Navy Reserve from 1991 to 1997.
Plagainos' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Too much to consider – We have to make hard decisions to finance and expect all in the process of educating our kids by motivating them to learn and produce. Technical schools, specialty classes, and commitment to classroom discipline have to be considered. Challenge them."
- Excerpt: "Where is the money? How many years did it take to build the Transcontinental railroad?"
- Excerpt: "Thank-you for the TABOR. You, the public have figured out how to drive the career spender crazy. We can concentrate on our needs and prioritize accordingly. Your input is now valued."
- Excerpt: "Is anything that is not specified in our constitution (my definition). It will be my job to protect your rights and enforce the constitutions. Which means that any regulations that impede job creation, which is business. Growth, without business = no jobs!"
Politics and Career Politicians
- Excerpt: "Career Politicians are and enigma that feed on the hard earned money generated by the taxpayer. They are forever looking for ways to best spend our hard-earned money to buy votes for themselves. This has to stop. Make career politicians work for a living and feel what we feel."
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Incumbent Jonathan Singer was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Charlie Plagainos was unopposed in the Republican primary. Singer defeated Plagainos and Bill Gibson (L) in the general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jonathan Singer Incumbent||55.6%||18,240|
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Plagainos ran in the 2012 election for Colorado State Senate District 17. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by Matt Jones (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charlie + Plagainos + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House of Representatives District 11
- Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Charlie Plagainos on Facebook
- Charlie Plagainos for State Senate, "About Charlie" accessed October 16, 2012
- charlie4hd11.com, "Issues," accessed September 30, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014