|California State Senate District 35|
|Bachelor's||Cal State University Dominguez Hills|
|Master's||Cal State University Dominguez Hills|
|Profession||Public School Special Education Teacher|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 35
of the California State Senate
Svolos earned her both her bachelor's in Psychology and her master's in Special Education from Cal State University Dominguez Hills. She is employed as a public school special education teacher.
Svolos's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Reintroduce the elimination of second grade testing. This will not lower accountability as some claim. It will save money in times when resources are scarce. Statistically the comparison between second and third grade testing are not valid or reliable."
- Excerpt: "I have signed an agreement with a Policy Statement on Immigration reform proposed by the Orange County Lincoln Club. It is a well thought out plan and I will advocate for its introduction and passage."
- Excerpt: "Fight violence against women and continue to protect regulations that ensure equal pay for equal work. Balance issues of religious freedom and access to birth control so that one civil liberty does not step on the other."
- Excerpt: "Streamline requirements, reduce paperwork and lessen costs for business who want to build and expand in this state to get the economy rolling again. Once the facilities are built, they will generate revenue and more than offset the lost costs on the front end."
- Excerpt: "Create a budget that reduces the deficit. In 11 years it has grown 61.3%. This will take tough decisions from everyone but a credit crisis doesn't help anyone."
- Investigate and eliminate fraud
- Excerpt: "Increase fraud investigators in all areas of government spending. Require proof to eliminate false accusations and continually monitor to make sure we are eliminating more fraud than the cost of the investigators."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Svolos ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 35. She and District 25 incumbent Roderick "Rod" Wright (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Paul Butterfield (D). She was then defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 35, General Election, 2012
||Roderick "Rod" Wright Incumbent
|| Charlotte A. Svolos
|California State Senate, District 35 Blanket Primary, 2012
||Rod Wright Incumbent
|| Paul Butterfield
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charlotte + Svolos + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found