|New Jersey General Assembly District 39|
|1991 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Place of birth||Allentown, PA|
Vandervalk's professional experience includes serving as the vice president of Friendship House, and has previously served on the board of the New Jersey Medicine Journal Review Board, United Way of Bergen County and Bergen County Juvenile Fire Prevention Program.
Vandervalk's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. She listed her top priorities as, "(1) MUST change aid formula to provide property tax relief. (2) Provide a safe environment in school for children with diabetes. (3) Promote saving umbilical cord blood for transplants and research."
Assemblywoman Vandervalk discussing business flight in NJ
- A250 Requires voter approval prior to the establishment of a charter school within certain school districts.
- A266 Exempts municipal clerk from penalties for Open Public Records Act violations under certain circumstances.
- A469 Establishes a public school choice pilot program for pupils residing in certain school districts.
- ACR70 Proposes an amendment to the Constitution requiring certain State funding for public education to be distributed on a per pupil basis.
Vandervalk did not run for re-election in 2011. She and fellow incumbent Robert Schroeder ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7, but she decided not to pursue re-elections. Vandervalk was replaced on the Republican ticket by Holly Schepisi (R).
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009, general election, Vandervalk received 44,475 votes (33%), defeating Democratic challengers Michael J. McCarthy and John Shahdanian, II. She was bracketed with Robert Schroeder.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Thirty-Ninth Legislative District (2009)|
|Charlotte Vandervalk (R)||44,612|
|Robert Schroeder (R)||42,477|
|Michael J. McCarthy (D)||24,577|
|John L. Shahdanian, II (D)||23,356|
Below are Vandervalk's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Republican National Committee||$7,160|
|New Jersey Education Association||$3,800|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$3,200|
|Lerch Vinci & Higgins||$2,600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charlotte + Vandervalk + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999, 1997
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Charlotte Vandervalk,” accessed December 16, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Assemblywoman Vandervalk - Issue Positions," accessed December 16, 2014
- New Jersey State Legislature, "Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives," accessed April 10, 2014
- North Jersey, "Republicans pick Holly Schepisi to run in 39th District," September 13, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "General Election Results, November 4, 2009," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2009 New Jersey Assembly General Election Results, accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2009 Campaign contributions," accessed December 16, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," April 11, 2014(Archived)
|New Jersey General Assembly District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |