Charlotte Vining Douglas
|Charlotte Vining Douglas|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 75|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Arkadelphia High School, 1970|
|Bachelor's||Ouachita Baptist University|
Douglas graduated from Ouachita Baptist University with a B.S.E. in Science. Her professional experience includes working as a teacher.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Douglas served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development|
|• Legislative Joint Auditing|
|• Advanced Communications and Information Technology, Alternate|
|• Joint Advanced Communications and Information Technology, Alternate|
Douglas' campaign website listed the following issues:
- State government must be more accountable. I’ll work to cut waste and run government like any private business.
- Small businesses are the job creators in our economy. We must stop harmful regulations and taxes.
- Protecting our shared conservative values will be a priority. I am pro life, pro traditional marriage, and pro family.
- Stopping illegal immigration begins with stopping benefits for illegals. I will work to make that happen.
- Investing in Greenwood, Kibler, Mulberry, Dyer, Barling, Lavaca, and Alma areas will be a priority.
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Charlotte Vining Douglas is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Douglas ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 75. Douglas ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Steve Breedlove (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charlotte Vining Douglas||58.1%||6,374|
|Democratic||Steven L. Breedlove||41.9%||4,590|
Comprehensive donor information for Douglas is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Douglas raised a total of $49,084 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 21, 2013.
|Charlotte Vining Douglas's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 75||$49,084|
|Grand Total Raised||$49,084|
2012Douglas won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Douglas raised a total of $49,084.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charlotte Vining Douglas's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|House Republican Caucus||$1,500|
|Douglas, Rick & Charlotte||$1,291|
|Total Raised in 2012||$49,084|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Arkansas Freedom Scorecard
The Advance Arkansas Institute, an Arkansas-based nonprofit research and educational organization, released "Arkansas's Freedom Scorecard" in 2012 and 2013. The scorecard seeks to show how Arkansas legislators voted on the principles the Institute seeks to promote. It measures each state legislator in six categories, which include economic freedom, education reform, good government, personal liberty, small government and tax/budget policy. Scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Institute. Douglas received a score of 62% in the 2013 scorecard, ranking 47th out of 99 members of the Arkansas House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Douglas and her husband, Rick, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charlotte + Vining + Douglas + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Political Summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Douglas, Charlotte Vining," accessed August 21, 2013
- Advance Arkansas Institute, "Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard 2012"
Homer Lenderman (D)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|