Charlotte Vining Douglas
|Charlotte Vining Douglas|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 75|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Arkadelphia High School, 1970|
|Bachelor's||Ouachita Baptist University|
Douglas graduated from Ouachita Baptist University with a B.S.E. in Science. Her professional experience includes working as a teacher.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Douglas served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development|
|• Legislative Joint Auditing|
|• Advanced Communications and Information Technology, Alternate|
|• Joint Advanced Communications and Information Technology, Alternate|
Douglas' campaign website listed the following issues:
- State government must be more accountable. I’ll work to cut waste and run government like any private business.
- Small businesses are the job creators in our economy. We must stop harmful regulations and taxes.
- Protecting our shared conservative values will be a priority. I am pro life, pro traditional marriage, and pro family.
- Stopping illegal immigration begins with stopping benefits for illegals. I will work to make that happen.
- Investing in Greenwood, Kibler, Mulberry, Dyer, Barling, Lavaca, and Alma areas will be a priority.
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Charlotte Vining Douglas was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Douglas ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 75. Douglas ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Steve Breedlove (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charlotte Vining Douglas||58.1%||6,374|
|Democratic||Steven L. Breedlove||41.9%||4,590|
Comprehensive donor information for Douglas is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Douglas raised a total of $49,084 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 21, 2013.
|Charlotte Vining Douglas's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 75||$49,084|
|Grand Total Raised||$49,084|
2012Douglas won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Douglas raised a total of $49,084.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charlotte Vining Douglas's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|House Republican Caucus||$1,500|
|Douglas, Rick & Charlotte||$1,291|
|Total Raised in 2012||$49,084|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Douglas and her husband, Rick, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charlotte + Vining + Douglas + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Political Summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Douglas, Charlotte Vining," accessed August 21, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
Homer Lenderman (D)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|