Chaves County, New Mexico
Chaves County is one of 33 counties in New Mexico. As of 2000, the population was 61,382. Its county seat is Roswell. The name commemorates the name of Jose Francisco Chaves. Created by Territorial Legislature, Feb. 25, 1889, out of land from the county of Lincoln, the county's area comprises 6042 sq mi, fourth largest county in the state.
- Website contains the schedule and agendas for all meetings.
- Website provides basic contact information for elected and administrative officials.
- No information on the budget or audits.
- Incomplete contact information for elected officials and election information.
- The website gives us information on where to find documents concerning building permits and zoning, but there is no instructional information provided.
- Only property tax information is found on the website.
- No information on how to file for public records.
- No listing the county audits, credit card receipts, or posting on the checkbook register.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Chaves County Website
- Public Records Directory - Chaves County
- Chaves County on E-Reference
- Chaves County Development Foundation